Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Canadian Cook


Today is Grandparents day. It seemed an appropriate day to start my first blog project. Over the next year, I will post one recipe per week on this blog. And yes, I was inspired by Julie in the recent movie Julie and Julia. The difference will be that these recipes will be a collection of our favourites cooked by my husband Kern - he has a passion for cooking. We have been married for almost 35 years and over that time Kern has been the cook in our home - my family and I have been the lucky recipient of many, many wonderful meals. Kern has no formal training in cooking but enjoys cooking with the freshest of ingredients. Our cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" was a wedding gift and over the years has weathered its use so well, it needs to be rebound. As well as providing a recipe each week, there will always be a short story to go with the recipe and in this way, you will get to know a Canadian family and how cooking became an important part of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gloria Pageau enjoyes sharing recipes and her stories, especially about becoming a grandma!