Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer time picnics and more......

This week we have been enjoying record breaking warm temperatures and its only May - and we are making a quick change in our clothing - wearing shorts, t-shirts and even bathing suits.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, everyone's thoughts are moving to summer salads or what to make with the newest local produce like strawberries. Our local farmers market are quickly attracting customers with its attractive rows of fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers. We are truly lucky to live so close to St. Jacobs market - in fact I can see the market from my back deck.

For me, hot summer weather triggers many memories like the first time I had watermelon at a birthday party. Going to the beach is one my fondest childhood memories - our family would always pack a huge picnic lunch and walk to the beach on hot, summer days. My favouite was cucumber sandwiches and ice cold orange kool-aid. And I never wanted to the day to end - just one swim please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gloria Pageau enjoyes sharing recipes and her stories, especially about becoming a grandma!